Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fish Paste Ngoh Hiang - Prelude

Do you like Ngoh Hiang?
I do like it, very much... but it is a tedious process.
Call me silly but I miss my MUM whenever I do get to eat one.
Truth be told, I hardly eat Ngoh Hiang that are store bought
Why oh why oh why?
I dislike the taste.
That starchy, heavy five spice aka 五香粉taste lingering on my taste buds.
Mum's brown little wraps still taste way better than anything I can remember.

I'm very much accustomed to my Mum making this dish, on days of festive celebrations and family gatherings.
Alas Mum has aged as I grew older.
Fatigue and old age had caught up with her.
Much work to do for such simple dish.

This was when I decided to make the dish that an authentic Teochew Ah Nia has to learn.
Nah, just kidding about that.
Well, I have to start some where some right?

In fact I had made this particular dish a couple of times, perhaps even three, four? No?
Trying to perfect it each and every time.
Secret: I have got a love partner with fussy taste buds. Blah!

This time , I infused fish paste into the dish.
I will be postomg the recipe for this soon.
I need to get my measurements right.. 
Over and out! 😁✌

No comments:

Post a Comment